REQUIRED TOOLS AND MATERIALS:
- Construction Adhesive
- Nail Gun (if needed)
- Dust Mask
PRIOR TO INSTALLATION:
- Allow wood cladding to acclimate by placing them in the area you are installing for 48-72 hours.
- Wood cladding can be installed on variety of surfaces such as walls, backslashes, kitchen cabinets, ceilings and headboards.
- Inspect wood cladding thoroughly prior to installation. Avoid using any damaged boards to ensure proper adhesion and to prevent any future problems -Use caution while working around wall outlets and light switches.
- Wood cladding can be installed around a code-approved fireplace as long as the surface you are applying wood cladding to is not exposed to combustible materials.
- When installing wood cladding in places with high humidity (i.e. bathrooms), prior to installation make sure the application surface is completely dry and clear of dust/debris to insure proper adhesion.
CARE AND CLEANING INSTRUCTIONS:
- Jatilama wood cladding are made from real wood materials, the use of dry cloth should be the primary method of cleaning.
- Wall decorations such as mirrors, paintings, TVs and shelves can be installed by drilling through the cladding and inserting fischer screws and plugs into the wall behind them.
- Clean the wall surface. Remove all debris, dust, grease, cover plates and protruding nails.
- Dry-lay wood cladding before permanently installing to create your desired pattern.
- You will need to cut some wall cladding to fit snugly into the corners. To do this, measure the distance from the last installed cladding to the corner of the wall. Using a table saw or simply a fine-toothed hand saw, cut the final cladding in the row to size. It is recommended that you measure and cut cladding one row at a time. Though it may be tempting to cut all the corner cladding at once and to one measurement, this will only work if your walls are straight and the distance to the corner is consistent from top to bottom. If your walls are slightly crooked, the distance to the corner at the bottom might be wider than that at the top, or vice versa. This will create unsightly gaps. Use sanding block to smooth the cut edges if needed.
- Consider your focal point, the floor or ceiling, and start there.
- Start applying the first row of wood cladding from the lowest point of the surface going upward. We recommend for indoor installations using PVAc glue or an assembly adhesive suitable for gluing wood to the substrate. Apply the adhesive lengthwise to the back of the individual wooden elements in even strips up to max. 15 mm from the edge. Do not use an excessive quantity of adhesive.
- Press into place, secure wood cladding with nails if needed.
- Jatilama wood cladding are installed from the bottom up. Always lay out a few cladding (e.g. 3–5 m2) ready near the work area.
- Press the Jatilama wood cladding firmly so that there is good adhesion to the substrate. Leave the assembly adhesive to dry for at least 24 hours before further handling the cladding.
Jatilama Wood Cladding, unless otherwise stated on the packaging, only be used inside in dry, well-ventilated areas. The products must not be used under water or come into contact with water. Avoid walls subject to strong temperature fluctuations (e.g. due to direct sunlight or directly next to a heat source).
All measurements are nominal values and are subject to manufacturing tolerances. We are continually working on renewing and improving our products.
Jatilama Wood Cladding is a natural product and may exhibit color variations and different shades by nature and due to climate influences. As a result, a uniform, even color cannot be guaranteed. These variations highlight the natural appearance of Jatilama Wood Cladding and do not have any effect on the technical suitability of the products. When using several boxes, always select and mix products from several boxes to achieve a regular pattern of colors, sizes, structures and shapes.
The Jatilama Wood Cladding may swell or shrink due to natural environmental influences (e.g. changes in temperature and/or humidity). Bear this in mind if you wish to cladding an entire wall.
(Hairline) cracks, fissures in the surface or other small imperfections may occur in the surface of Jatilama Wood Cladding. These have no effect on the functionality of the products.
- Do not install as flooring
- Do not install outdoor
- Always use a dust mask to protect yourself from inhaling any debris from cutting wood cladding